Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Piece of Heaven!



We just drove 21 hours to Crested Butte, Co. This is my view off the back porch! Isn't it gorgeous?! I just love the mountains! I look forward to this time every year when we can escape the nasty heat in Houston and head to the mountains! This year we decided to stop in Crested Butte for a couple of days on our way to Utah. We always come to Crested Butte to ski in February and so we decided to check it out in the summer. Johnny & Bowen have had fun riding their bikes all over the bike trails. I am just breathing in the the cool mountain air! Below is a picture of the barn that sits next to the house we stay in. I love the sign they have hanging outside!

3 comments:

Melanie Rossi said...

That is REALLY beautiful in the summer! Are you having fun yet? Wish I was with you! Hey, I just realized that I'm gonna be in Salt Lake this weekend for Johnnie michelle's bridal shower. I'll call you!

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Yeah...I feel more connected when your blogging on vacation. While you are enjoying that fresh CO air, try your hardest to not be jealous of me. I get to go to Cub Scout camp tomorrow. It's 95 degrees plus humidity and I get to supervise 16 boys in this blissful heat. Again, hold back your jealousy.

Lelani said...

Oh nice!! We just got back from the Florida Keys .. Next time, we are going North, not South. It was so hot!!! Enjoy the scenery ...