It's that time of year.....hunting season! The time of year when your husband wants to spend every spare minute hunting birds, deer, elk what ever is legal to shoot at the moment! It's a love/hate relationship I have with hunting season. I hate it because my husband leaves for a week to deer or elk hunt and the rest of the fall he wants to go to the hunting lease all the time and I love it because I always find a house project I want to work on. Last week as he was packing and scurrying about finding all of his gear, I casually said, "just so you know.....I'm peeling wallpaper while you are gone!" He rolled his eyes and walked out the door! SO....peel wallpaper I DID! for the last 4 days I have peeled wallpaper and I am finally done! My good buddy, Melanie even volunteered her peeling services for a few hours on Saturday! :) Thank goodness for friends like her! Just when I thought I was going to lose my mind she came and peeled and visited and chatted for a bit! She even managed to take some pictures for me so I would have something to blog about! She is good at that....so, thanks to Melanie I am posting my before pictures of the kitchen. (AFTER I peeled wallpaper but BEFORE I have given it the makeover!) Stay tuned.....more pictures to come!
Monday, October 20, 2008
My weekend "hunting widow" project!
I have a long history of starting these kind of projects when Johnny leaves town! When we were first married and lived in our first little house, I ripped the carpet out of the upstairs and repainted our bedroom! Nothing surprises him anymore! 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Looks great! Can't wait to see the "finished" product. I hate stripping wallpaper - it's really the worst job ever. Keep us posted :o)
Yea!!! I'm so glad you posted these pics! Peeling wallpaper does suck! It's way too much work! I don't know how you did it for so long!
Bet you did it all with lipstick on!!!!
Ugh, I totally know what you mean! I hate hunting season b/c Jason gets a free pass to go play while I'm stuck at home. BUT it is the perfect opportunity for projects. And sometimes they are easier when he's gone... is that bad?
It looks really good, and that was a huge project!
Wow, you go woman!!! That's a LOT of work! I can't believe you left us hanging with out the "after" picts...
Glad to see you guys made it threw the hurricanes and into hunting season.
I'm so impressed! I hate peeling wallpaper. I can't wait to see what you do!
Thanks for the Ricky and Fred offer, but I might have to pass. But, alright Cocoa...gettin lucky!
I couldn't do it myself but I'm sure it you did it beautifully!!!
My blog is houstonhulets.blogspot.com
Post a Comment